Weight Loss

How Difficult is Weight Loss?

June 18, 2024

It depends really, but there are 3 common hurdles people face

Weight Loss Secrets from a Nutritionist
How Difficult is Weight Loss?
3 Tips for Parents of Fussy Eaters
Now Trending:
I'm JADE!

When it comes to your health you need the right experience in your corner, not just the right person. I’m a qualified, registered clinical nutritionist. That means that everything I do is evidence-based and backed by research. 

hello,

Are Your Snacks Making You Hungier?

“How difficult is weight loss?” This is a common question with no single answer. The truth is, weight loss difficulty varies depending on your individual circumstances. Factors like lifestyle, personality, and even genetics can all play a role.

However, there are three common hurdles people trip over during their weight loss journeys: hunger, consistency, and exercise. Let’s break down each one and explore ways to overcome them.

Conquering Hunger Pangs

Feeling hungry during weight loss is a common concern. But here’s the good news: intense hunger isn’t inevitable. Often, hunger pangs arise from creating an overly large calorie deficit. Aim for a moderate deficit instead, prioritising quality over quantity. Focus on protein, fibre, and healthy fats. These keep you feeling fuller for longer, reducing hunger and cravings.

Consistency is Key

Many struggle with consistency, especially when expecting rapid results. Discouragement sets in when the scale doesn’t budge immediately. Remember, weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Embrace the 80/20 rule: strive for healthy choices 80% of the time and allow yourself flexibility for the remaining 20%. Start small with sustainable changes that fit seamlessly into your life. Consistency is key to long-term success.

Finding Time to Exercise

For busy individuals, especially moms, finding dedicated exercise time can be a challenge. The good news is, exercise doesn’t have to be a separate activity. Look for ways to integrate movement into your daily routine. Short home workouts, walking during errands, or even parking further away and walking to your destination all contribute. Remember, even small amounts of exercise add up.

Working with a Weight Loss Coach

A weight loss coach can be a valuable asset. They can help you personalise your approach, address specific challenges, and provide ongoing support. They can guide you in creating a sustainable plan that fits your lifestyle and preferences.

The Takeaway

To answer the question ‘How difficult is weight loss?’, is difficult itself! While weight loss difficulty can vary, it’s definitely achievable. By understanding the common hurdles and implementing strategies like focusing on nutrient-rich foods, prioritising consistency, and finding creative ways to move your body, you can reach your weight loss goals. Remember, you don’t have to go it alone. Consider working with a weight loss coach to personalise your approach and increase your chances of success.

Are you ready to get your pre-kids body back? Check our Weighing in Lighter, my proven weight loss strategies for busy mums.

How difficult is weight loss? food with blank page

+ show Comments

- Hide Comments

add a comment

Please Login to Comment.

Your journey to a healthy weight starts with my supportive group program where I help you implement the small changes that will make the biggest impact in your life.

LEARN MORE

Your Cheat Sheet for Nutritionist Approved Snacks

Snacking is important. Snacking on the RIGHT foods is even MORE important when it comes to your overall diet. Just pop your email in below to get my FREE 20 page snack guide.

Free guide

18 SNACK IDEAS

It’s a full-on love hate relationship.

First things first, I’m Jade. And, while I love nutrition, I hate that the industry is full of misleading so-called ‘wellness’. That’s why I’m here. To bring you personalised nutritional guidance backed by science and the latest research.

MY STORY

my story..

BOOK NOW →

You can stay home and we’ll meet online, or you can come to Leederville in Perth for a face-to-face consultation. You’ll be sent a questionnaire before the appointment, so I’ll know you a little bit before we meet.

In person or
in your PJ's?

tell me...

Are Your Snacks Making
You Hungrier?

Snacking is important. Snacking on the RIGHT foods is even MORE important when it comes to your overall diet. Just pop your email in below to get my FREE 18 easy, healthy snacks. 

Jade is a clinical Nutritionist in Perth backed by science and the latest research.

© harman health 2023

contact >

free guide >

BOOK now >

follow along 
on Instagram:

about >